Dr. Dimitra Georgiou was born in Larissa, Greece. She received a B.Sc. (Mechanical Engineer of Computer Science and Telecommunications) from the Technological Educational Institute of Thessaly (Larissa) in 2007, a M.Sc. (Technology Education and Digital Systems with specialization in Networked Oriented Systems) from the Department of Digital Systems of the University of Piraeus in 2009 and a Pedagogical & Teaching Adequacy Program from the Department of Primary Education of the University of Crete, Rethymno in 2017. In 2018 she was awarded her Doctorate- Ph.D. in the field of (Information Systems Security) in Cloud Computing (with Excellent) from the from the Department of Digital Systems of the University of Piraeus.She has received two scholarships from the Greek State Scholarship Foundation (I.K.Y). The first was as a student in Czech Republic (Erasmus program) and the second as a teaching staff for her participation in the ” (Erasmus + program) “Innovative Methods of Teaching in Adult Education with Practice” in Leipzig, Germany. She has successfully completed two intensive Information and Communication Security programs, the first in Vienna University of Technology (SBA Research) and the second in Karlstad University of Sweden (Karlstad University). From 2018 she is a PostoDoc Researcher at the Dept.of Digital Systems under the supervision of Professor Costas Lambrinoudakis. Her current research interests are in the areas of Information and Communication Systems Security and of Privacy Enhancing Technologies in Cloud Computing. Currently she is an Adjunct Lecturer at the Department of Digital Systems from University of Piraeus, Greece. While in the last ten years she has worked as a Laboratory Associate in various departments of Technological Educational Institutions such as TEI of Athens and TEI of Larissas in a variety of IT courses. Dimitra has been actively involved in local organizing committees and international scientific conferences, co-organized by the research team of the Security Systems Laboratory of Piraeus University, where she is a research member since 2011. She is a writer of various scientific papers published in international journals and conferences At the same time, she has been a judge and a member of organizing committees at various international conferences.
- Operating Systems II -UNIX (Theory and Lab)
- Development of Telecommunications Systems
- Privacy- Enhancing Technologies
- Dimitra Georgiou, Costas Lambrinoudakis “Cloud Computing Framework for e-Health: Case Study of European Cloud-based Health System – Security Requirements & Policies”, 3nd International Workshop on Security and Privacy Requirements Engineering SECRE 2019.
- Dimitra Georgiou, Costas Lambrinoudakis “Cloud Computing Security Requirements and a Methodology for their Auditing” 6th International Conference on e-Democracy: Citizen rights in the world of the new computing paradigms 2015, December 10-11, 2015, Athens, Greece.
Dimitra Georgiou, Costas Lambrinoudakis, A Security Policy for Cloud Providers: The Software as-a-Service Model”, The Ninth International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection. ICIMP 2014. July 20 – 24, 2014 – Paris, France, Pages 1-18.
- Dimitra Georgiou, Costas Lambrinoudakis “Security Policy Rules and Required Procedures for two Crucial Cloud Computing Threats” International Journal of Electronic Governance, January 2017.
- Georgiou D., Lambrinoudakis C., Security and Privacy issues for Intelligent Cloud-based Health Systems, Αdvanced Computational Intelligence Paradigms in Healthcare – editor: I.Maglogiannis, Springer Book Series (under publication).
- Georgiou D., Lambrinoudakis C. (2015) Cloud Computing Security Requirements and a Methodology for Their Auditing. In: Katsikas S., Sideridis A. (eds) E-Democracy – Citizen Rights in the World of the New Computing Paradigms. e-Democracy 2015. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 570. Springer, Cham.
- Dimitra Georgiou, Costas Lambrinoudakis ‘General Data Protection Regulation – Data protection of health Services’, 10th Pan-Hellenic Conference of Hospital Pharmacists 2018, 10-13 May, Kalamata, Greece (in Greek)·
- Dimitra Georgiou, Costas Lambrinoudakis ‘Threat Landscape Cloud-Healthcare Systems’, 5th ENISA-FORTH NIS Summer School on Network and Information Security, 16-20 September 2018, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
- Dimitra Georgiou, Costas Lambrinoudakis ‘General Data Protection Regulation – Brief Guidelines for Health Care Organizations’, 5th ENISA-FORTH Summer School on Network and Information Security, 16-20 September 2018, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
Local Organizing Committee
- Workshop on Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PET), Enisa-Unipi , November 22 2018.
- Organizing Committee,2nd Annual Privacy Forum 2014, 20-21 May 2014, Athens, (2nd APF 2014).
- Organizing Committee, 3rd IEEE International Conference and Workshops on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCOM 2011).
- Organizing Committee, 16th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI 2012).
- Organizing Committee, 4th Conference on Informatics in Education – Computer science education (4th CIE 2012)
Technical Program Committee
- The Fourteenth International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection, ICIMP 2019, July 28, 2019 to August 02, 2019 – Nice, France.
- The Tenth International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection (ICIMP 2015), June 21 – 26, 2015 – Brussels, Belgium.
- The Eleventh International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection (ICIMP 2016), May 22 – 26, 2016 – Valencia, Spain.
- The Open Cybernetics & Systemics Journal, 2016.
- The Twelfth International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection (ICIMP 2017), June 25 – 29, 2017- Venice, Italy.
- The Thirteenth International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection (ICIMP 2018), June 22-26, 2018- Barcelona, Spain.